Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wow!nies

I first tried baking back in 2009 (I cant really remember when in '09). I fell inlove with it! It's relaxing, therapeutic and I love it when my family and friends enjoy what I've made.

The very first thing that I was able to bake from scratch was brownies.


The name "Wow!nies" was coined by my nephew. He cant say brownies back then, he keeps on saying "Wow!nies". Lol.


My Wow!nies are moist on the inside and crunch on top. Just the way I like it. So here's the recipe for it.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1 1/4 Cup White Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt 
  • 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
  • 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
  • 2 medium sized eggs
Procedure:

1. Preheat oven at 200 C. Line a 8 inch round tin with baking paper.

2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt.

3. Melt butter with the oil in low heat. Once butter is completely melted add the cocoa powder. Mix until blended then set aside to cool.

4. Whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the butter-cocoa mixture in and whisk until well blended. Then add the dry ingredients and mix.

5. Pour in the lined tin and bake for 20-25 mins or do a cake test. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean then you're good! But I prefer mine a bit gooey on the inside.


Optional: Put melted chocolate, nuts, marshamallows, mini white kisses or whatever you fancy.

Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment