Saturday, January 4, 2014

Teaser When They Weren't Looking


Excerpt from When They Weren't Looking.

Evie and Liam's story. From Zoe York's site.

“Okay, tell me.”

Liam narrowed his gaze. “Tell you what?”

“What’s your impossible fantasy?”

“Evie, you don’t want to do this.”

“Don’t tell me what I want.” Even as the words were spilling out of her mouth, she knew they were the wrong choice.

His lips twitched, and he leaned forward, bracing his arms on his knees. He laced his fingers together and cocked an eyebrow in her direction. “Then how can I tell you my fantasy?”

This was a dangerous game. And she didn’t care. She leveled an even glare at Liam and adopted her best couldn’t-care-less attitude. “We need to get this out into the open and deal with it. Tell me what you want, I’ll tell you how it won’t happen, and we can move on to being friends.”

His jaw twitched. “You want to just be friends?”

She nodded.

“You want me to tell you that I want you underneath me, naked in my bed.” He stood up and crossed his arms. “That I want you to give me control for a night, let me lick, suck, fuck you into oblivion.” His bicep flexed under his tight t-shirt and she shivered. “That I want you wet and ready for me to make you come, over and over again, all night long. That’s what you want to hear?”

Every part of her was clenched. Most of it was anxiety, but at her very core, she knew she was aroused. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Right. See, that’s my point. Liam, I’m not that kind of woman.” It sounded thin even to her own ears. She flushed. “I’m not interested in meaningless sex. You need to find a fuck-buddy and forget all about me.”

He fisted his hands in front of his face and groaned. Evie swallowed hard and stood firm, even as he advanced toward her. His face was unreadable. “Sweetheart, when you spit out a lie and a truth at the same time, it makes this very complicated.”

She shook her head. “I’m not lying.”

He stopped a foot away. She could feel tension rolling off his body in hot waves. “Yes, you are. But I’ll ignore that, because I lied too.”

She huffed a burst of air instead of asking. He was going to tell her anyway.

“That’s a pretty awesome fantasy, and yes, I want all of that. Particularly the part about you being naked. That features front and center in all of my fantasies right now. But my impossible fantasy? The one that tortures me? That’s where you finally admit that I’m your boyfriend. Where I’m sleeping in your bed, not one night, but every night. Where you don’t give up any control, where you tell me exactly what you want, where you want it and how many times.”

It took Evie a few seconds to absorb it, and then she back up a step, hitting the wall. “Oh.”

Liam closed the gap between them, pressing his thighs hard against hers, but being as careful as always around her belly. “So. That was my honesty. Now let’s deal with yours.”

She closed her eyes. One word, and this could end. All she had to do was tell him no, and he’d back off. She rolled the word over in her head, willing it to spill out of her mouth. It didn’t.

“Truth. You’re not interested in meaningless sex. Lie. You’re not that kind of woman. You absolutely are. You are hot, inside and out. You are made brick by brick of passion and desire, and you long for a safe partner with whom you can share a really–” he slid his hands down her thighs, to where her shorts met soft, warm skin, and curved his hands around to cup her legs just beneath her bottom “–hard–” with a jerk, he lifted her up and ground his erection into her core “–fuck.”

No comments:

Post a Comment